New Member Benefit – Discounted Hotels, Sports Tickets & More!
We are thrilled to announce this new member benefit. As a member of the Delaware State Golf Association (DSGA), you now have access to the lowest hotel prices guaranteed – up to 70% off – using one Members-Only website powered by Affinity Travel Benefits to book hotels.
With your new member benefit you receive:
- Ability to search over 700,000 lodging options anywhere in the world from The Ritz-Carlton to a coastline Bed & Breakfast.
- Guaranteed Lowest Price: If you ever find a lower rate on any website, anywhere, within 24 hours of your booking, Affinity Travel Benefits will match the price and refund you the difference! Feel free to compare our Member-Only site with any leading travel website to see the savings for yourself.
- Highly discounted rates (up to 70% off) delivered in real-time, not available to the general public.
- Trip Advisor reviews for each lodging property to help you decide where to stay.
- For our tournament players and volunteers, a dedicated website to view lodging options either by largest savings or proximity to the host site.
- Best of all it’s FREE!
How to use the DSGA Member-Only Hotel Booking Website? All you need to do is login to your BlueGolf Player’s Club Account and click “News”.
We want our members to feel confident in booking hotels with guaranteed Members-Only pricing whether you are competing in a tournament, taking a family vacation, or heading out on a business trip. Thank you for being a member and supporting the Delaware State Golf Association. We will continue to provide you with more great benefits and hope you take advantage of this opportunity. Have a great summer and look forward to seeing you at a DSGA event soon.
The Open: Did You Know?
- “Young” Tom Morris won the British Open in four consecutive years, a feat that has not been matched. If a player wins three times in a row, they are allowed to keep the trophy for good. At the time, the trophy was called the Challenge Belt. Since Morris was able to keep it, the Claret Jug was made for the winners going forward.
- Gary Player has appeared at the British Open 46 times which is the most in tournament history.
- One of the oldest golf clubs in the world, The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (R&A) plans the British Open. This is the ruling body of all tournaments outside the U.S. and Mexico.
- “Old” Tom Morris held the record for the largest margin of victory in a major championship (14 strokes at the 1862 Open Championship) for 138-years, until Tiger Woods won the 2000 U.S. Open by 15 strokes.
Wild Quail Sweeps Inaugural DSGA Interclub Pro-Am
Thank you to all partipants who joined us on July 10 at Heritage Shores for the 1st DSGA Interclub Pro-Am! Special Thanks to Heritage Shores for hosting, and 16 Mile Brewery for their support of the event.