Meet the 2017 Delaware Williamson Cup Team!
Austin Barbin returns to the team for the second time. Austin is a rising junior at Red Lion Christian High School in the fall. Austin finished 2nd in the DSGA Junior Championship and has finished higher than 3rd place in all of the Philly Junior Tour events that he has played this season, with one win coming at Frog Hollow.
Zach Barbin is also returning for the second time to the team. He just finished his tenure at Red Lion Christian High School and plans to attend Liberty University in the fall. Zach took 1st place finish at Wyncote this season on the Philly Junior Tour and T-3rd finish at the DSGA Junior Championship.
Danny Dougherty is the third team member returning from last year. He is a rising senior a Tower Hill High School. Danny helped to lead Tower Hill to their second straight state title and he is coming into the tournament on a hot streak with just finishing in 1st place at the DSGA Junior Championship.
Nikita Romanov is a new addition to the team this year but brings plenty of experience. He is going to be a rising junior at Mt. Pleasant High School in the fall. Nikita has been busy rising on the Philly Junior Tour and currently sits atop the leaderboard with 7 wins and 20 Top-10 finishes in 26 events played on the tour.
The Williamson Cup was established in 1964 by A. Fred Williamson, in memory of his father, one of the original founders of the famed Winged Foot Golf Club and a long-time member of the USGA Executive Committee. The DSGA has participated in the event since 1998, winning once (2002), and hosting the event twice (2001 and 2012). Visit www.williamsoncup.com to learn more.
7 Reasons To Use Affinity Travel Benefits Over Your Go-To Booking Site
Your newest ‘Members Only’ Benefit is Travel, and here are 7 reasons to use it.
With so many options out there to search and book, why should you utilize this amazing platform? Easy. Book Your Next Hotel Up To 70% Off Retail.
- The Benefit Platform Is Not For Public Use
Our new Travel Platform, Powered By Affinity Travel Benefits, is an aggregator of highly discounted hotel inventory that is not available for publication on publicly exposed websites. In accordance with Federally imposed Rate Parity Laws, Affinity offers its products exclusively to large employer groups or to individuals belonging to membership, subscription or customer-based organizations. To access our new travel platform, simply log into your DSGANetwork account
- Most All Travel Sites Are Owned By Expedia
For those keeping track, Expedia now owns Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Trivago, CheapTickets and eBookers, among others… So really, checking all of those sites to find the best deal only fluctuate slightly. We utilize their inventory AND add the private offers of dozens of wholesalers that cannot sell to the public….but you have access!
- Save More Than Money – Save Time
Most people visits 5 different travel websites (does the above list ring any bells?) before deciding where to book. Who wouldn’t shop around? We all love the best deal. But now, with our new travel platform, you get better prices than you will find anywhere: it’s smart to just bookmark it to have at the ready for your one and only platform to use.
- Trip Advisor Ratings
Every hotel option shown has Trip Advisor Ratings along with it to help you choose what’s right for you.
- Your Family Receives Discounted Stays With You
Group Lodging Services (aka when you need to Travel for a Tournament) are open to Members and to public – but you share the link. Site Visitors you send the link log in, credentials are not required, so you can receive great member pricing and invite your fan club along for the savings too.
- Over Half A Million Options To Choose From
700,000 to be exact (and counting)
- Low Rate Guarantee!
All property reservations booked through our websites are guaranteed to be the lowest rate available. So don’t worry, if you ever find a lower rate on any site, anywhere, within 24 hours of your booking, we will match the price and refund you the difference.
PGA Championship Trivia
Did you know…
- Walter Hagen(1921, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1927) and Jack Nicklaus (1963, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1980) have won the PGA Championship a record five times.
- Julius Boros is the oldest player to win the PGA Championship. In his 1968 victory he was 48 years, 4 months, 18 days.
- Gene Sarazen is the youngest player to win the PGA Championship at 20 years, 5 months, 22 days in 1922.
- Arnold Palmer won seven major championships. This included 4 Masters, 2 Open championships, and one U.S. Open. The one major he didn’t win was the PGA Championship. He managed three runner-up finishes in 1964, 1968 and 1970.
- The famous Wanamaker Trophy that is presented to the winner of the PGA Championship is named after Rodman Wanamaker, owner of a New York department store. A keen sportsman, Wanamaker had a particular interest in golf and it was his meeting with prominent golfers of the day in 1916, which led to the formation of the PGA. He also offered a prize fund of $2,500, trophies and medals to encourage people to take part.
- The first USPGA Championship event didn’t go to plan. It was won by an Englishman! Jim Barnes won the inaugural Championship in 1916 at Siwanoy Country Club. He then came back and won the second Championship in 1919 on Long Island.